New Hampshire Banking Department Logo
New Hampshire Banking Department banner
Website Name - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation

Citizen Services FAQs

Thank you for your interest in contacting the Office of the Governor. Please view our frequently asked questions section below. The answers you need may already be there. All mailed and web submissions are reviewed by a member of the governor's staff and forwarded on to the appropriate person, department or agency.

Contact Governor Hassan:
Office of the Governor
State House
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603)271-7640 (fax)

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for state jobs?
    Job Opportunities can be found at
  • Where can I find jobs in New Hampshire?
    The NHWorks Job Match System at
  • Where can I get information regarding unemployment benefits?
    Information regarding unemployment benefits can be found at Citizens can file for unemployment by calling or reporting to the Employment Security Department in your area, which can be located at
  • Where can I get information regarding foreclosure assistance?
    For foreclosure assistance contact the Banking Department's hotline regarding mortgages at 1-800-437-5991 or look on for more information.
  • How do I contact the DMV?
    Contact information for the Division of Motor Vehicles can be found at the following location:
  • What taxes exist in New Hampshire?
    A list and brief overview of New Hampshire taxes can be found at:
  • Who assesses and regulates property taxes?
    Local property taxes are assessed, levied, and collected by the municipalities. For more information on property taxes in New Hampshire please visit The Assessing Standards Board is attached to the Department of Revenue Administration and is responsible for recommending guidelines relating to property taxes and assessments. The Assessing Standards Board can be reached by phone at (603) 230-5950 or by mail at the Department of Revenue Administration, PO Box 487, Concord, NH 03302-0487.
  • Where can I find more information about the Food Stamp Program?
    More information on the government's Food Stamp Program can be found on the Department of Health and Human Services Web site here:
  • What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
    Medicare is a health insurance program for people age 65 and older, people under the age of 65 with certain disabilities, and people of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant), whereas Medicaid is available only to certain low-income individuals and families who fit into an eligibility group that is recognized by federal and state law. More information on Medicare can be found here and more information on Medicaid can be found here
  • Who do I contact regarding higher education in New Hampshire?
    The NH Department of Education is the coordinating state agency working with colleges, universities and career schools to protect students and promote access through financial aid. They can be reached at:
    NH Department of Education
    101 Pleasant Street
    Concord, NH 03301
    (603) 271-3494
  • How do I apply for fuel assistance and weatherization?
    To apply for fuel assistance and weatherization, please contact your Community Action Program (CAP). A list of NH CAP's can be found at this Web site:

Governor Hassan

  • How do I request a proclamation, commendation, or citation from the Governor or invite the Governor to an event?
    Send a request in writing to the Governor's Office at:
    Governor Maggie Hassan
    State House
    107 North Main Street
    Concord, NH 03301
    Or by email
    Please send requests at least two weeks in advance and include as much information as possible.
  • What specific powers are delegated to the Governor?
    The powers delegated to the Governor by the New Hampshire Constitution can be found here:
  • Where can I find information regarding internships in the Governor's office?
    Call the Governor's Office at (603) 271-2121 and ask for the Internship Coordinator.
  • How do I invite the Governor to an event?
    To invite the Governor to an event, please submit the request in writing using the event form at: Or in writing to:
    Office of the Governor
    107 North Main St.
    Concord, NH 03301

Local Issues

For issues pertaining to local government, you should contact your local city or town officials. If you need assistance in contacting your local officials, please visit this listing of New Hampshire's 234 cities and towns For issues pertaining to school districts, you should contact your local school administrative unit or elected local school board to express your issues and/or concerns. A directory of school administrative units can be found here:

Federal Issues

New Hampshire's federal elected officials in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives are best suited to assist or answer questions that pertain to the United States federal government.

You can find contact information for New Hampshire's two U.S. Senators and two U.S. Representatives here:

Judicial Issues

Below are some frequently asked questions pertaining to the Judicial Branch:

  • Where do I make a complaint about a lawyer?
    To file a dispute with an attorney, you should contact: Supreme Court Attorney Discipline Office 4 Chenell Drive, Suite 102 Concord, NH 03301 603-224-5828.
  • Where do I make a complaint about a judge?
    Complaints regarding judges should be directed to the Committee on Judicial Conduct at:
    74 Exeter Road
    Newmarket, NH 03857
    Phone: (603) 292-1825
    Fax: (603) 292-1827
  • What, if any, legal services are available for low-income citizens?
    New Hampshire Legal Aid provides free legal information, advice and referrals to low-income people with family law, local welfare and housing issues, including Pro Se assistance. LARC refers cases to Pro Bono, NHLA and other legal service agencies. 800-639-5290 or fax: 603-224-6067.
  • How do I apply for a governor's pardon?
    For information regarding pardons contact:
    Department of Justice
    33 Capitol Street
    Concord, NH 03301
    Phone (603) 271-3658
    Fax (603) 271-2110
  • How do I file a complaint about a company and/or report fraud?
    Consumer Complaints can be filed by mail:
    Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau
    33 Capitol Street
    Concord, NH 03301
    or online at

The Governor's office cannot provide legal assistance or advice, nor can the Governor intervene in court cases due to separation of powers as outlined in the New Hampshire Constitution.